It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourselfagraph text here.
Six Health benefits of Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane Juice health benefits includes
Slowing down aging process, promoting weight loss, regulating blood sugar levels, strengthening immune system, relieving stress, supporting cardiovascular health, fighting kidney stones, supporting dental health, and improving digestion. Sugarcane is rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It’s rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it’s great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body’s protein levels. Besides these, there are a few more great health benefits of sugarcane juice that you must learn about:
1. One of the most important health benefits of sugarcane juice is that it is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. Sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. Another important health benefit of sugarcane juice is due to it being rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice will enhance both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. ‘Sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation’. Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it’s good for treating acidity and stomach burns
5. It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.Add paragraph text here.
6. Sugarcane juice is extremely rich in minerals which helps prevent tooth decay and bad breath
So now you know why sugar cane juice is so popular during the hot summer months in India. Every time you feel like you need to replenish your body and re-hydrate during the summers, grab that glass of chilled sugar cane juice and enjoy its benefits!